Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Movies, Books and Songs

You might wonder, how does any of this fit into homesteading and my life? Well here's how it fits. During that summer I was shown how amazing movies of the 80's are. My top three movies last summer? In no particular order The Goonies, Stand By Me and Mosquito Coast. Here's how each of those movies helped me with homesteading. The Goonies were a bunch of kids going on one last adventure before they moved. That sounds like me and my friends! Stand By Me fit in because of going on an adventure in the woods. I was pretty excited to learn we had an abandoned  railway 15 minutes away. Have I gone on adventures yet? No, I haven't made as good friends as the characters did or my old friends. Mosquito Coast was about a family moving to the middle of know where and building a village. While we didn't build a village we did build everything on our own with no help but our families and we did choose what I call "the middle of know where ". The dad also somewhat at times reminded me of my dad. I also loved those movies last summer not just for those reasons. I loved the cinematography, acting/cast and the story happening. Now let's move on to books shall we?


 


During that summer I didn't read much. However I kept reading one novel over and over again. The book was a pile of short story's and the books title is Different Seasons and its
 by Stephen King. Another Mainer and someone who has a camp the next town over. Pretty neat, huh? Anyways I borrowed that book so many times from the library last summer. Its a good book and one of the stories in it happens to be The Body a.k.a Stand By Me, which at the time was also my favorite movie. Now let's get onto songs.




Music is like a savior too many. It helped me when I felt sad or happy that summer. Still does and did even before the move. I listened to a lot of music during the move. I would make a playlist on my iPod and play it till my iPod died. Some songs I've listened to so much that they've been played over 1,000 times! Anyways here's a list of songs that were my favorites during that summer and helped me in some way.

- Stand By Me BY BEN E. KING & JOHN LENNON
- You Are Not Alone BY MICHAEL JACKSON
- Man In The Mirror BY MICHAEL JACKSON
- Home BY PHILLIP PHILLIP'S
- Someone Like You BY ADELE
- Goonies Main Theme BY DAVE GRUSIN

 

I'm sure I'm forgetting some. That's just a rough list of what I can remember. The first, forth and sixth ones were all ones I listened too a lot last summer for sure. That's all for now! For anyone wondering, my Last Hangouts post will be up later today.


No comments:

Post a Comment